- I’ve known that I live in the most hated town in Canada since I moved here, but it was only during this campaign that I realized Alberta is the most hated province in Canada, stealing the title from Quebec sometime in the early 21st century.
- In case you haven’t been paying attention (and why would you?) the Conservatives have been in power here since 1971, and this is the first really contentious election in memory. But if they lose power, it will be to a newly formed conservative party, composed of the original party’s rejects.
- Senator-in-waiting ballots can fuck right off. I’m not choosing someone for Harper to appoint to the Senate on the honour system. Either appoint senators or change the constitution so that we elect them. Pseudo-elections is fence-sitting horseshit.
- I didn’t vote Progressive Conservative but I will be relieved if they win tonight. I don’t think the Wildrose Party is as bad as the media makes them out to be, but they’re bad enough.
- The incumbent in my riding is a guy from my hometown in N.S. with a Harvard degree, good ideas and he seems to “get things done”, but he’s Wildrose. I would’ve considered voting for him despite his party affiliation but they split our riding into two new ones and now he’s in the other one.
"The kind of people I know now don’t have barbecues, Mama. They stand up alone at nights in small rooms and eat cold weenies. My so-called friends are bums. Many of them are nothing but rats. They spread T.B. and use dirty language. They’re wife-beaters and window peepers and night crawlers and dope fiends. They have running sores on the backs of their hands that never heal. They peer up from cracks in the floor with their small red eyes and wait for chances."Ask me stuff
Page 1 of 1