It’s a bit unsettling. Also, I’m pretty sure that’s a stock photo, so it’s probably dead by now anyway.
In between seasons of Mad Men, Jon Hamm plays a version of himself between seasons of Mad Men.
My brother and I decided to make a list of things that are spooky. This is what we came up with:
- Grey Aliens. Especially that old Alien autopsy video. Spooky.
- Fish parasites or parasites that effect the behaviour of an animal.
- Numbers stations.
- Fish flopping around on land.
- Hitler or Osama bin Laden crouching outside your bedroom window holding a knife in his teeth staring at you.
- Fish in general.
- This one sounds racist so I’ll explain how it’s not: pygmies. Not the African people, but the extinct Homo florensiensis. Like, imagine waking up in the middle of the night and there’s all these little naked people carrying around their tools in your house and they’re speaking an inhuman language and they haven’t noticed you yet and they’re putting their hands on your dog. That’s spooky.
- Those old Fox “documentaries” they used to play on Space where Jonathan Frakes or someone would narrate on alien abductions or Area 51 or bigfoot or child murders and stuff. Spooky.
As punishment for being named this week’s “fail”, Benny is given a daunting task: turn a former CFL Quarterback into a smooth, media savvy spokesperson. — this week on Truth Inc.
CBC is doing a radio drama about life at “real PR firms” and it’s so bad. I’d actually rather listen to another half hour of Q.
I’m flipping through the book of Mormon because it was the only way to get them off my goddamn back.
The book doesn’t even have new book smell, it smells like paint. Which makes me wonder if it’s drugged.
Also I learned that when a Mormon dies he goes to the “telestial kingdom”. It’s called that because Joseph Smith knew the word terrestrial but wasn’t familiar with “celestial”.
So a couple of days ago I found out that someone I went to high school with died.
I didn’t really know him, we had a few classes together and I think once we both did a project together. Mostly I guess I feel guilty because I don’t think he had many friends and I probably could have made more of an effort?
I was going to end this with a joke about me being narcissistic about my own impending death or something but this is depressing enough as it is.